Sunny background

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

We are moving in!


Finally, we are moving into our new casa.  We couldn't be prouder.  We've only been in for a couple of days, and its amazing how quickly or home has already transformed.  Yes, there is still much more to go. Hopefully, with a little time, I can check off my my long to-do list and transform this house into our home!




Permanence is such an unusual feeling for me.  I haven't had a permanent home since I graduated high school!  So trying to wrap my head around this HOME thing is more surreal than I imagined it would be.  Occasionally I find myself thinking, well, we won't be here long so maybe I'll just keep that in the box.  Then I shake my head and think wait a sec, this is my home.  MY HOME.

Is is weird that I've never lived in a house (other than my childhood home) that I could actually put paint on the wall!  I mean... any color, any shade, any style, whatever my little heart desires! Ohhh I'm so excited to throw up a new hue.  I've been blog stalking interior decorating blogs like crazy to help me figure out exactly what I want.  It seems sometimes that when the world is your playground (or the wall is your canvas) that its actually more difficult to decide what exactly belongs there!

 But day by day, we are getting there.  TEAM HILLMAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment